Friday, May 1, 2015

Some Background Info🎀

Hey there! My name is Cheyenne Colbert! This blog was created to share what I have done to go from 254 lbs to 189 lbs in 9 months! I have been over weight my entire life and after I graduated high school I did some soul searching and what I found made me disgusted with myself. Even though I was a dancer for 7 years where I took tap, ballet, and hip-hop classes I still was overweight. Dancing kept me in pretty good shape for the first part of my life but after I quite dance in middle school I no longer had any type of exercise in my life to maintain my weight. And with no change to my diet I slowly gained weight throughout high school. A trip to camp, June of 2014, in the mountains with my church group made me realize how out of shape I truly was. At this camp there was this giant staircase that we had to walk up and down several times a day. As soon as I started up one flight I was out of breathe and not just out of breathe I'm talking severely winded and not to mention sweating my butt off. Not only was it embarrassing but it made me very concerned about what kind of life I was setting myself up for. The entire summer all I could think about was what it would be like to lose weight and get healthy. I started doing research and what I found was that most people who lost weight through methods of fad diets, pills, and starving their self were more likely to gain their weight back, I wasn’t scared to lose weight. What I was most afraid of was gaining the weight back. I found that the only way that works is not necessarily a diet but a lifestyle change. I was looking for something I could do my entire life. This whole experience has been the best learning opportunity I could have ever asked for. Learning what works best for your own body is the only way to do it. It’s really just trial and error. Also I had to make sure that I was losing weight for myself. People will fail you and sometimes they do it without even realizing their doing it. So the best thing is to make sure the motivation for weight loss comes within. Losing weight is much more mental than physical.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, you're a great motivator for young people. It's great to see your inner persona shining through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you, my darling niece! You are such an inspiration to me!! My goal is to go from 360 to 175. I look forward to continue reading your story, get tips and advice and motivation! YOU ARE AMAZING !!! lots of love, Amanda Eddie & Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thats so awesome to hear! You can sooo do it ! I know it! Love yall :D

      Delete
  3. Great inspiring story!! I'm glad u shared because it's hard but with dedication and motivation you can achieve any goal! Proud that u made a lifestyle change hopefully your story can get my mom to start eating right!! As a congestive heart failure patient she definitely needs a lifestyle change!! But proud that u realized you needed change and u got it done!! Can't stress the importance of how living a healthy lifestyle can make life a lot less stressful just because u feel better!!

    ReplyDelete